GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a RS on my 90 F-150, dont have the second ignition hooked up and it works fine, the rear anti lock light just stays on until you turn the key on. But it will just die after running for like 5 minutes or so. Ive only noticed it with the RS cause thats the only time it idles that long. Everything stays on when the truck dies, it will restart it sometimes. Its a tachless system.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
tachless system is a no-no. Hook up the tach wire and reprogram it. It's probably set for voltage sensing and that's not worth a shit.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
tachless system is a no-no. Hook up the tach wire and reprogram it. It's probably set for voltage sensing and that's not worth a shit.
word:read:

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there's a terminal on the coil on those trucks.
No the RS system. I know where the tach wire is on the truck.

But I just found the book on it, the alarm wire which I have hooked up is also the tach wire :wtf: kinda seup is that? Ill lose my alarm if hook it up.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
No the RS system. I know where the tach wire is on the truck.

But I just found the book on it, the alarm wire which I have hooked up is also the tach wire :wtf: kinda seup is that? Ill lose my alarm if hook it up.
I guess I don't understand this :think:

What "alarm wire which I have hooked up" are you talking about?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
dude, thats a crock o shit if I ever heard it

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
That's the problem with buying this no-name crap off the net. People locally try to get me to install those things and I say hell no.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:lol: Its starting to worry me now cause this is the only way I have to lock/unlock the doors on this truck too. I have no door key. Maybe Ill put a Viper on it soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts