GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like title states should I get rubber mounts or just switch to the atomic fab poly ones? My motor mounts are just being a massive pain in the ass at this point and I need them fixed before I can put my trans back in. Should I get the poly mounts or stick with rubber?
If rubber which brand? I assume GM Genuine? Would my header heat worry anyone with rubbers?
How long do poly mounts last? I still have it in the back of my head to turbo this truck so keep that in mind as well.

Should I get new genuine GM mounts or just shell out the money for some poly ones?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just installed some custom atomic fab poly mounts in my truck a few weeks ago. Richard made some mounts for me to lower my motor 1.5" in preps for a body drop. After a couple of slight mods to these custom mounts they bolted up just fine. I noted only a slight bit more vibration with the motor running. Rest of the family didn't even notice. My stock mounts were fine, just wanted to lower the motor so I would not have to cut into the cowl area. I would suggest the poly mounts as you will never have to worry about them again.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems he is on a 2-3 week back log for parts. I emailed him and we talked about it. I agree though I think poly mounts would be the way to go.
Probably gonna go GM Genuine mounts. My truck has been on jack stands for like the past 2 months and only has been driven ~300 miles. I'm ready to get it back lol

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I wouldn’t waste the money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm think of the polly mounts also. Did rubber and changed drivers side twice already. Was wondering how people like them and longevity? Plus gotta be easier to swap. Gm mounts are not that much diff in price..

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gm mounts are half the price of poly. There is no change is ease of installation though, they are installed the same

1 - 10 of 10 Posts