GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys,i have a 09 sierra z71 4wd with a rough country 5" lift, i wanna throw 35's on it (nitto lt295/70r18 trail grapplers on 18x9 black eagle wheels to be specific). im not so much worried about the flex bc im not doing any off roading but more concerned with rubbing when i turn.:think: i dont wanna buy the tires and have to cut a ton of the inner fender out. any advice would be great. just tryin to get as many different thoughts/ opinions to help me decide on 33's or 35's.

thanks, Jordan :patriot:

·
Registered
543 Posts
They'll fit with a 3" BL but not otherwise. Its not really advisable to put a big enough spacer in there for them to fit. You could swap out for the 7.5" spacer instead of your 5" but youd still have to trim a little bit.

·
Registered
904 Posts
They are going to rub a good bit, but how much will ultimately depend on the offset of the wheels. I rubbed 33's with 5" lift.

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
the 295x70x18 should fit ok as long as your wheel offset is not way wide. they measure like 34.5x11.77 so they are a little narrower then a 35x12.5

·
Ultra Mega Bro
642 Posts
Search for some of my post showing pics of where my 33's rubbed on stock 20's. End thread...

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
damn that sucks if with the 5inch rcx and stock 20s that 33s rubbed. the rcx just is such a wide lift.

·
Ultra Mega Bro
642 Posts
Mine didnt rub on the street. But it was damn close. Thats why i added the 1.5 body lift.

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
i am thinking if he stays close to stock wheel specs the 295x70x18 he would be good with some minor trimming since it is a narrow tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts