109 Posts
172MB :insane: :rocking:

wow, i'll be back in an hour....

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Nice video Jason :rocking:

How long were yall out there?

Do you have a direct link to that video so I can save it on the HD?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they do have k5's, and I walked everything they had a hard time on due to my wheelbase :D

I could be like all you low rider guys or lifted street truck guys and do the exact same as everyone else but I choose to be different :crazy: . Plus my truck goes up everything I point it at and doesn't flip over backwards like k5's and jeeps...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Ill watch the video tomorrow...I guess depending on the type of rocks, that longer wheelbase could be nice. I guess its just like anything else, theres gonna be some good things about it and some bad...can't always have the best of both worlds.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
ive definatly learned how to use my wheelbase to my advantage, its all about how you drive it and make an aproach.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Oh yeah Jason, what happened to Esteban's blazer, and howd you mangle up your rim like that? Whats with the grave? :think:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
Coolest video I've ever watched :rocking:

00Silverado said:
Whats with the grave? :think:
:word:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Esteban broke a spring center pin which slid the axle back, we had it fixed in about 30 minutes or so...

The rim got bent on a rock that I didn't see... I was going probably 25 mph down the dirt road and it was about 18" tall and it just clipped the bead of the rim and bent it back, stupid on my part, I was talking to my passenger....

The graves I have heard two stories on. 1) They died of natural causes some place else but loved the trail and wanted to be buried there. 2) They all died on a big roll off of Cadilac hill and where the graves are is at the base of caddy hill so that seems to fit but I dunno.

Cadillac hill is crazy steep and off camber with a huge drop on your right the whole way up, I had 200% pucker factor going on as I made my way up it and down it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
willyswanter said:
Cadillac hill is crazy steep and off camber with a huge drop on your right the whole way up, I had 200% pucker factor going on as I made my way up it and down it.

So you shat diamonds that night?

Hill climbs are the shit, the ones i did in gilmer were making me pucker I couldnt imagine cadillac hill and ive only seen pics.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thats a tight right turn while going up caddy hill. I'm tipped about 40* torwards the cliff on the left of the picture, only thing that was holding me up is the big rock. Going up wasn't bad but going down scared the wee out of me at that spot!!!

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
wow thats got to be the best vid ive seen. Maybe next time you can strap a lawn chair on your bed for me and Ill go :rocking: .

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah it's name is Beater... He competed in TTC a few years back and did pretty well. The truck is bullet proof but the body has seen better days :crazy:

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
willyswanter said:
Yeah it's name is Beater... He competed in TTC a few years back and did pretty well. The truck is bullet proof but the body has seen better days :crazy:
Haha, No Front end. Sides are just about scraped off, tires bald as hell and slippin all over the rocks, ugly as a bitch, but still gettin the job done... I love it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.