GMC Truck Forum banner

Ruby NNBS CCSB Long-term Build

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  HillBilly4460 
#1 ·
I bought my first truck back in January and have been grinding out OT along with a busy class schedule and saving for building it up ever since. I picked up a 2013 Deep Ruby Metallic Silverado 1500 with a 5.3 and only 16k on the clock. I posted some pictures of my upgrades so far in a different section of the forum but now that the big plans are coming together I figured I'd start an official build thread.

Fresh off the lot it looked like this.

First day I had the truck I got 5% tint all the way around and the next week I bought Weathertechs. I took the lower valence and step up bars off as the first step of the GMFS treatment. (Excuse the dirty truck)

Since then, I have removed the bug guard and today I made some expensive purchases.

By next Thursday the truck will have a 6.5" Zone lift, 4.11 Yukon gears, a new Yukon differential (I requested a TrueTrac but the shop doing the work got a better price for the Yukon brand equivalent), 35x12.5 Cooper Discoverer STTs, and these Helo 835s 18x9.

I also purchased the BlackBear AutoCal so I'll be logging data after I finish the gear break-in period.

The reason for 4.11 instead of 4.56 ratio is highway miles. Plus, coming from stock 3.08s and getting a custom tune, I'm sure even with 35s the 4.11s will have plenty of get-up-and-go for me.

Future plans are to demold and partial debadge, shorty antenna, black bowtie, tinted tails, cleared headlights, M series tonneau cover I'm gettin on the cheap from a friend of mine, and maybe a train horn some day?? lol

I will post pics as soon as all the work is complete.

See less See more
#2 ·
Trucks going to look good with that Zone lift. What kind of costs will you have in the 4.11 gears? That's what I would like for mine eventually here.

#3 ·
Trucks going to look good with that Zone lift. What kind of costs will you have in the 4.11 gears? That's what I would like for mine eventually here.
For the gears, differential, install kits and labor I'm paying a little over $2k. If I would have bought all the parts myself I probably could have saved a little but I wanted it all done at once. There's also only 1 shop that does this kind of work in my area so I probably had to pay a bit of a premium since I didn't take it to Indy about 60 miles away. So I would assume you could get everything done under $2k if you take the time to shop around and provide your own parts.

#4 ·
Nice! Can't wait to see it I have a 2013 deep ruby metallic as well! I went with the zone 4.5

sent from tapashit

#6 ·
Got the truck back today. All the work is completed, tires aligned etc. Love the way the truck sits now! Broke a bunch of necks rollin through campus a little while ago lol

Anyway, here's a couple pics my dad took yesterday when he drove by the tire shop where it was sitting.

And here it was a couple hours ago, right after I picked it up

Also got some mail a few days ago I can't wait to use

#7 ·
Awesome!!!! Makes me want to lift mine higher what offset are the wheels

sent from tapashit

#8 ·
Also what's your fender measurements?

sent from tapashit

#9 ·
Also what's your fender measurements?

sent from tapashit
The wheels are +18mm and the front fenders are right at 45" and the rears are just a hair under 43.75"

I think it's right at about the perfect height for the nnbs. you can easily tell its lifted and has an aggressive look but its nothing ridiculous that towers over every other truck on the road

#10 ·
The wheels are +18mm and the front fenders are right at 45" and the rears are just a hair under 43.75"

I think it's right at about the perfect height for the nnbs. you can easily tell its lifted and has an aggressive look but its nothing ridiculous that towers over every other truck on the road
Ok thanks 45 is my goal I shoulda just got the 6.5 haha. I'm gonna add a 1.5 inch body lift to my 4.5 and level and I should be there

sent from tapashit

#15 ·
Love the truck, looks good with that lift. Love the color..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.