GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am installing my strobe kit 6 head 90 watt and I am mounting the supply on the back wall of the cab. Is there any way i can run my 4 cable going to the rear of the truck through the cab vents on the back wall? Or is this a bad idea? It just seems better the drilling a hole in my floor and siliconing it. Thanks guys.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
run it through a grommet in the firewall then down by the kick panels and under the carpet and up to the back wall :imo

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to mount the strobe supply in the back of the cab. I only have 15 foot cables (from the strobe supply to the strobe heads) running to the back so I need to run them out of the back of the cab to reach it.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
buy a firewall bushing from an audio place and use that on the back of your cab instead of a grommet :imo

·
Joseph K
2,536 Posts
There are metal grommets all over the cab floor, just look under the carpet. Find one in a reasonable spot, drill a hole in the grommet, run the wire through, good to go :shake:

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
i ran my strobe wires through those vents.. it was easy and didnt cost a thing. i have had them for about a month with no problems. there is no need to drill holes and buy some grommets even though they are cheap its just a hassel you dont need to deal with.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
why not just run it in the right location through the firewall grommet like I show how to in the sticky?

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
yeah mine weren't long enough either
unless you extend the cables you have to run through the back

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I feel ya

1 - 13 of 13 Posts