GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wanna help me figure out what all needs to be done to swap to this. My truck needs a motor. This is cheaper. My truck has lots of electrical problems that i cant trace so i just want to go old school with it to be different and easier.

This truck wont be a daily and im not swapping in a lsx motor. tired of having electrical issues with motor harnesses and pcms etc. This is strictly for simplicity not speed.

I know i need
Transmission
fuel setup
Motor mounts? Or will a 305 350 bolt to my 4.3 frame mounts
Msd ignition and distributor.
Im gonna do something with new gauges in stock location
Gonna get a fuel pump that will fit in stock assembly and have correct pressue.

What will swap off my motor accessories wise? Alt starter power steering a/c?
How will the alt wire back up with no engine harness?

Thanks in advance please dont flame this is in all seriousness.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gauges dont work. truck runs like shit all day but never throws a code. Go through a fuel pump every 4 months. The fuel pumps never die power wise. they just quit putting out pressure.

No loose or broken wires,pcm is fine,all fuses good new cluster does the same thing etc.

Tired of messing with it been this was 2 years and its just getting worse. Ready to go old school and eliminate half the electronic stuff.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Sounds like your PCM is not fine
Lmao exactly what i said on his last post..

If you were closer i'd say bring it by and we would figure it out..instead of sinking more money into it.

Ever thought it might be cheaper to take it to someone then buy/swap all the stuff out on it? or have you already tried that?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have a carbed SBC in my daily driver '04 RCSB, if you are serious about the swap and not just talking out of frustration, PM me and I can walk you through all of the steps and what you need.

You can keep the original Trans, PCM & gauges with a carbed SBC in a GMT800

Going to a carb from F.I. is a commitment, you really have to want to do it

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i pulled my orginal pcm and replaced it with another stock pcm from the same model truck and did a crank re learn and it didnt fix any problems.

Yes i want to go carb'd. Pming you now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts