GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone out there has a way to get the rust spots off my paint that is not using a clay bar and then waxing?

Thanks In advance
Jon

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've done it before using rubbing compound, polish and then a sealant wax. Why do you not want to clay bar and wax. A full clay bar and wax of the hole vehicle would really set the paint off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I will need to break out the clay bar again it seems like it comes right back after its done are there any brake pads that prevent this from happening?

·
professional grade
4,154 Posts
Car pro IronX....spray on, wash off. I use nanoskin auto scrub which is like a buffing pad but used like a clay bar. I have had great results with this against rail dust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are some other methods out there, but I think that the clay bar is still the most effective. :favorites37:
I agree..you can buff it as well. But not everyone knows how to use one correctly...So I recommend the clay bar, everybody can use that lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All right 6 hrs later and we are all nice and shiny again clay bar takes so long but it looks new again.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
you did the whole truck in 6 hours? it takes me 2 hours to do my driver side door...... how u do dat so fast??

·
Registered
307 Posts
you did the whole truck in 6 hours? it takes me 2 hours to do my driver side door...... how u do dat so fast??
Holy crap i can do my whole truck in 2 hours.

I can do the whole truck with wash, claybar, wash, light polish, wax in 4-6 hours.

why does it take you so long?

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Holy crap i can do my whole truck in 2 hours.

I can do the whole truck with wash, claybar, wash, light polish, wax in 4-6 hours.

why does it take you so long?
probably cause i only do it once a year lol... and white trok.. lots of rust up here, sadly :/

should probably set aside more days throughout the summer to clay bar it and keep it nice so that it doesn't have to be an all day affair

·
Registered
307 Posts
probably cause i only do it once a year lol... and white trok.. lots of rust up here, sadly :/

should probably set aside more days throughout the summer to clay bar it and keep it nice so that it doesn't have to be an all day affair
Ya do it 2-3 times a year and it might cut your time in half. granted i dont do the roof of my truck cause the clear... well there basically is no clear left:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts