GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine just picked this up recently. It's an interesting little car. Well since he now has something that he likes and cares about he wanted to learn how to detail his car. I showed him how to polish and supervised him while he worked. This was the result. Sorry, no befores but it wasn't that bad to begin with it just lacked a good shine and reflection. The previous owner took pretty good care of the paint. The plastics, exhaust tips and interior needed more work than the actual paint. The pics aren't the best but we were running short on time.

SSR2/SSR1 then topped with Natty's Blue.

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Non-turbo rotary FTL, but it did shine up pretty good :shake:

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Non-turbo rotary FTL, but it did shine up pretty good :shake:
They do make a turbo kit for them but I don't see him doing anything that big to this car.

Turned out great!! Has some really nice gloss to it! :)
Yeah it came out pretty good for his first time. I think a courser pad and polish would clean up a few of the spots pretty well. I'm also betting there are better waxes out there for this color than Natty's blue.

BTW, thanks for the fast shipment last week. I added the decal to my door in the garage.

DSC_0766.jpg

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Turned out nice. Ive always liked those cars and I think a turboed Rotary would be badass spinning 9-10,000 rpm!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Turned out nice. Ive always liked those cars and I think a turboed Rotary would be badass spinning 9-10,000 rpm!
Oh they are!! My buddy has an RX-7 that he ditched the twin turbo on and went to a large single. Just under 500 whp in a 2300lb car. That thing goes like hell!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
306 Posts
If thats the paint i've seen on one of those the pictures don't do it justice. when the light hits it just right the flake and the color are awesome. Btw it turned out great as far as I can tell. And if it is the metallic color i'm thinking of he needs to get him some good sealant to really make the flake pop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts