GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin about buyin a set of used heads off ebay and then rebuilding them up with roller rockers, better springs, etc, etc, and port and polishing them. i was wondering if i would notice any difference in HP and torque, or if i would just be wasting my time? the more i go along the more i just wanna find a 5.3 or something...also other that the engine what do i need to perform that swap...i know i would need a new computer, but what else...just lookin for ideas...thanks

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
if there good performance heads it would be worth it.heads are where all your hp comes from

·
Registered
736 Posts
LoL, your just like me, all i want is power, but im only packin a 4.3L, can you send me that link you found those heads on? just wanna check it out

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
about 4 years ago a freind of mine had 4.3 and was running 7 seconds threw the 1/8 mile.i'm a big block guy but i thought that was pretty good.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
harley davis said:
about 4 years ago a freind of mine had 4.3 and was running 7 seconds threw the 1/8 mile.i'm a big block guy but i thought that was pretty good.
do you know what he had done to it to run that damn fast?

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
captainchaos said:
do you know what he had done to it to run that damn fast?
no not really we didn't do it at my shop but when i see him i will ask him.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
if you ever do a swap, i would suggest going 6.0 instead of 5.3 .... i mean hell, if your going to be swappin a motor why not go all the way?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts