GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 96 EX-CAB SILVERADO AND LATELY I'VE NOTICED THE BED LOOKS LIKE ITS SAGGING THE BODY LINE ON THE BED AND THE CAB DON'T LINE UP ANYMORE, DOES ANYBODY NO WHAT CAN BE THE CAUSE OF THIS AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX IT :bawl: :pissed: :think: :think:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I dunno either, but I've read that a couple of times on here. Especially in threads comparing the airbar to kp. :think:

Found the thread I was refering to....
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3280

E.M.D. said:
Hey is my opinion. I don’t really care for the KP canti because all of them I have seen the bed are messed up on them. The gap between the bed and the cab are crooked and is a lot bigger then normal. I don’t know why this happens but I believe it has to do with that entire rear support of the truck is pretty much at the very back of the truck so the frame is able to flex a lot more cause the bed to look misaligned. To me that looks terrible. With my air bar that does not happen. Air Ride also put a lot of work and engineering into their setups.
Further down the thread a couple of others agree with the seeing the gap, but are unsure what cause it. Also seemed more prevelant in those laying frame (not just crossmember).

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
nafortin said:
I dunno either, but I've read that a couple of times on here. Especially in threads comparing the airbar to kp. Maybe they are just KP haters. :think:
nafortin, I see you're from Alum Creek...

My grandfather and grandmother...Fred and Shirley Giles lives there too...know them?

Pat

·
Registered
182 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
nafortin, I see you're from Alum Creek...
My grandfather and grandmother...Fred and Shirley Giles lives there too...know them?
Pat
I've heard of Rev. Giles, but dunno his first name or his wifes. Is that them? Never met them just heard of them.

·
04sierra4.3
38 Posts
Sounds to me like you have bad cab mounts. They are rubber bushings that attatch the cab to the frame. After several years the rubber will rot and cause the cab to sag and affect your trim lines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts