GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The procomp website lists the same part number for a six inch lift for my truck (2000 Chevy 2500 4x4 NON HD) as it does for the 01-up HD. Is this correct? I have been told that HD lift kits will not fit my truck. Please help me out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad you brought that up Rick98Z. I really want to do the 6inch Pro Comp cranked to the moon and run 20x10s with Nitto Terra Grappler 37s. I think the tires will clear in the back just fine (at 6-7 inches, I like 'em Cali-style). Where and how much would I have to cut in the front to get them to clear?

Also I have factory fender flares if that matters, and I will not put a body lift on my truck so that is not an option. I'm not terribly concerned with cv angles or tierod issues either. I've cranked the hell out of all the 1/2tons I have ever had and they never had any problems.

Can I make it happen?

·
Registered
312 Posts
How come you are against a bodylift? Since yours isn't an HD you dont have as much frame showing from the getgo. Personally I would rather toss a 2" bodylift on than go cranking to the moon and hacking away at fenders. Cranking is really going to give you a shitty ride as well. But its your truck so that being said...You would have to adjusted the back fender wall plastic and zip tie it back. The lower air dam will need to be trimmed and you probably will need to cut the metal bumper some as well. It can be done though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts