GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now my truck has 35's and it's time for a new set. i was just gonna go with 35's again, but my friend thinks i can clear 36's maybe even 37's. what do you guys think.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya.....which is another thing, i dunno if i should go with a 16.5x10 or 8

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Looks like a pretty tight fit to me... it looks like you cut your metal bumper too. I would just go with 35s again.
:word:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
stick with the 35's they fit your truck very nice, and it would be a waste of $$ to get new rims for a tire that only gains you an inch.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KoTToN said:
stick with the 35's they fit your truck very nice, and it would be a waste of $$ to get new rims for a tire that only gains you an inch.
i'm getting new rims reguardless, the one's on there now are way too wide = no bueno for the bearings. i'm pretty sure i'm going with 16.5x8 with 35.12.50 bfg AT/KO's

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
those look like they barely fit as it is, but it might just be those redneck-wide rims.

definatly get some 8 inchers. you should be able to clear 36x12's like aber

9,778 Posts
I'd just go 35x12.50's on 16x10's. I don't think that the x8's would look nearly as good as the x10's.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
16.5's cuz i'm getting a deal from my buddy, he has 2 set's some 8's which are on his truck and some 10's that he doesn't use. the lift is 6 susp and 3 body. i might be goin with 37's cuz i found deal on some fiberglass.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
fiberglass kicks ass. remember tho that 37s will be very rough on your suspension joints and steering

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i know....eventually i will be switching over to 37" projects on 17" beadlocks....but that won't be for a while, prolly after the camburg coilover kit.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey SkyRider, I like the look of your truck on 35s

What are the specs of your truck? Is it a 2WD or 4WD?

Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
jiar577 said:
Hey SkyRider, I like the look of your truck on 35s

What are the specs of your truck? Is it a 2WD or 4WD?

Thanks
it looks like a 2wd to me because after 9 in of lift it doesnt look very high up...thats just a guess though and i deff. could be wrong

·
Registered
330 Posts
SkyRider469 said:
what he said :bowtie:
Thank you all

Skyrider:
My truck is exactly like yours with 6" Fabtech, the BL is waiting to be installed and then I'll run 35" SSR's. Heck, it's exactly the same color too, so I have a very good idea of how it'll look.

I haven't installed the BL yet because I wasn't sold on the frame exposure under the truck, but I've decided after I saw your truck. Do you have more pictures?

·
LIKE WHOA!!!
584 Posts
really sweet truck. as your truck is now, what kind of gas mileage does it get? what kind of tires are those? look like some swampers or MT's. what gears are you running?

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
SkyRider469,
What are you going to do with the wheels that are on your truck now? And are they 16.5x12s? If you wanna get rid of em cheap I might be interested. Hit me back.
Evan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts