GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I'd recommend starting off with a handheld sander (a mouse will work nicely) and go at it with some 220 grit. Once you get the majority of the texture off you'll want to go over it with the same grit by hand and make sure to get in all the little places you think you won't need to. Then just gradually work your way down to 320 grit. When everything is starting to look nice and smooth you'll start wetsanding it with a lower grit and work your way to 600 grit wet. Make sure to dry it off inbetween steps a few times so you can see the places you missed and go back over them. Once you think you have sanded everything enough, sand another 30 minutes to an hour and you should be good to go! :bowtie:

·
Registered
752 Posts
sand then shoot some filler primer, then sand some more, then shoot some more filler primer, then sand smooth, then paint. I recommend that you have the bezel painted with a spray gun not from a spray can! Then shoot a few coats of automotive clear on it.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
chris did some filler primer and more sanding today.. almost perfectly smooth.. after i take my driving test tomorow i'm gonna go pick me up a dash bezel so we can get to sandin so we can get our dash's etc done at the same time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.