GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how many people are running 52" springs with their SAS swaps. Im in the process of doing mine and curious if the springs I have will work. They are 52" springs, 4leaf from the rear of a 2wd K10. Also, for the ones that are using 52" springs, how do they ride compared to shot IFS ?

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
The ride of my stock 6leaf 52s does not compare with the ride of the IFS. SFA on 52s is wonderful.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
4 leaf 52" springs with leaf added. Rides vury nice for a lifted truck.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 leaf 52" springs with leaf added. Rides vury nice for a lifted truck.
Thanks for both of the replies. I am happy to hear the 52" rides nice. I figured I would try the 4leaf, and if I need to I will throw an extra leaf in it. I don't daily drive the truck anymore, so it mostly sits during the week.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one last question - I do have a set of 56" rear springs lying around as well. What would those do to the ride if they were put on the front ? One of my friends said it would ride smoother but on the highway he said I should look into doing a sway bar setup.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
The 56s would work, they may be a little long to package on the frame rails under the cab. The spring rates would be similar with a comparable amount of leafs when looking at 52s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts