GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they are adding a sliding FACTORY rear window, and some wierd kind of airdam under the current airdam. looks kinda weird :imo those are just 2 of the differences ive noticed besides the factory 40/20/40 is now offered in leather in the LS package, and the factory sunroof option.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Hmm...haven't seen any yet around here...ill take a look tomorrow tho when i pass the chevy dealership...factory sun roofs on the trucks is awesome...too bad it took them so long to do it.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
cool cool, just dropped my 01' off today for a Sunroof :D who needs factory lol :bowtie: :drool:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I thought I saw an 04 SLE split bench with leather :think: Maybe it was a custom jobs.

The thing I noticed about the 05s (since my GMC dealer only had one) was that the steel stockers are now 17s instead of 16s. Did they drop all 16" rims?

·
Registered
343 Posts
you could always get a sliding read window

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
The jury's still out on if I like sliding rear windows or not...

My ol' Ford has a rear slider AND window wings. 80s for ya! :D Window wings are pimp tho'.

Seems like they pose more of a theft risk but if your truck is high enough in the air it wouldn't matter. :ninja:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I thought 'some' 99-02s came with sliding rear windows? Or were ALL the ones I saw aftermarket? :whip:

I could have sworn it was an option...I have an '01 sales book from the dealer at home and I could peep at it when I get back. :shake:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I'm not down with the sliding rear window. Reminds me too much of phord. The sunroof would be nice though.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HumanZoom said:
I thought I saw an 04 SLE split bench with leather :think: Maybe it was a custom jobs.

The thing I noticed about the 05s (since my GMC dealer only had one) was that the steel stockers are now 17s instead of 16s. Did they drop all 16" rims?
the split bench leather is an OEM option again. there arent any 16" rims on the 1500 steel equipped from what ive heard, and seen.

GMCtrk said:
you could always get a sliding read window
if you order it from somewhere. some dealerships installed the lawrence brand sliders as options, but they werent OEM. some people have claimed that some of the 99 models had them stock. ive never seen any hard evidence.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My 2000 came with a slider from the factory so they were definately an option. In fact I had waterleakage problems and had it replaced under warranty. They ended up replacing it with a CR Lawrence.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
y2kboti said:
My 2000 came with a slider from the factory so they were definately an option. In fact I had waterleakage problems and had it replaced under warranty. They ended up replacing it with a CR Lawrence.
you have pics? or maybe a copy of your window sticker? EVERYONE ive talked to says the same exact thing. i had one, it leaked, got a CR lawrence. no one has shown me the factory one.

·
Registered
711 Posts
one of my friends has the factory one on a 99. i know its factory because she bought it from the dealership and has never done anything to it.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
skylerlt said:
one of my friends has the factory one on a 99. i know its factory because she bought it from the dealership and has never done anything to it.
dealers install aftermarket options before the truck is purchased. it helps them sell the trucks they have on the lots. my job deals alot with this concept.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
beats me, who gives a shit. option, no option, its an option now, move on people :crazy:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Josh said:
you have pics? or maybe a copy of your window sticker? EVERYONE ive talked to says the same exact thing. i had one, it leaked, got a CR lawrence. no one has shown me the factory one.
Proof is in the pudding. As you can see it clearly was a factory option, not an aftermarket job initially.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
y2kboti said:

I have a GM one. Came in a box with a GM sticker/part # on it. They discontinued because of the frame cracking/leak issues.

Oh, and '05, factory e-fans! :rocking:

Here are more people saying they had OEM and the frame cracked then leaked:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...um=20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wg
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...&q=rear+sliding+window+chevy+leak&btnG=Search

·
Registered
167 Posts
Unfortunately the electric fans only apply to the light duty trucks. Also the factory sunroof cannot be ordered/purchased until after Jan 1.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i learn somethin everyday :rocking:

·
CHEVROLET
3 Posts
I seen what I thought was a 05'
It had a different tailgate "CHEVROLET" was stamped into it,along with some lines and what looked like a small spoiler on the top edge.
-Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts