GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today(00 silverado 1500) and i took a turn too hard. The road was real bumpy and i lost traction for a second i hear some loud grinding noise so i pulled over and i just looked under cause it sounded like something literally was dragging but i couldnt see anything. So i drove it around a little bit and i didnt notice anything until i was shifting into reverse and drive. When i shift into either it shifts really really hard kind of jerking the truck either way. And it sounds terrible when shifting. I have about 106k miles.. what kind of problems am i looking at. Im bringing it in tommorow to see whats up but does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
tranny or rear end obviously. Do u know if you have the g80? Do a search for the RPO code and then check your glove box.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have the g80

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
15 minutes of quality time with a 1/2" wrench behind your rear diff will narrow it down real fast.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
g80=boom

iirc, jonathan had the g80 in his silverado and he blew his as well.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
bad news... lost all forward gears and when put into drive revs real high... luckily i didnt wreck because for some reason my brakes were acting up too and i couldnt stop... felt like they were bumping or something.. i had to just pull into a parking lot and get towed. ill be waiting for the bad news tomorrow when the shop opens up.

edit.. supposed to be from bamfchris im on chevycrews

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
helll no.. sold as is because they cant warranty mileage this high

·
Knuckle Buster
1,001 Posts
my rear end has a 3/8" drive for the plug but i'm nit picking

i gonna have to agree with izzy on this though. glad everyone's okay. i hate auto trannies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts