GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up some Lexol PH Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner (Orange and Brown Bottles, accordingly) lol...

I have little terry cloth round pads that I applied the cleaner with, it got a little foamy... And the I applied some conditioner...

?'s...

How much product to use? The conditioner seemed to make everything tacky/sticky. What to apply it to.. Was under the impression that GM Leather (sucky :imo ) seat sides and back are vinyl, so avoid those areas... Steering wheel? Center Console Cover?

Denali Interior.

Thanks Detail Gurus!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I thought Lexol was the top of the line leather detailer? You guys don't use this?
Lexol is a good product...but I personally can't stand the smell of the conditioner. I do like the cleaner though.

I use a mixture of Woolite/water (1:8 ratio) to clean the leather and my favorite conditioner is Zaino with Pinnacle Leather Conditioner being a close second.

The only thing I don't like about Zaino leather conditioner is it's only available through Zaino and he doesn't sell it in bulk.

As far as Lexol being tacky or sticky, after a couple of minutes of applying the conditioner, use a clean towel and buff of the residue. This should help with the stickiness.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Haven't found anything better than P&S Leather treatment. Usually one coat will leave any seat soft and looking like new. Smells a bit like leather too :D

#L61 - Leather Conditioner preserves the strength and natural resiliency of leather. Leather Conditioner works on both old and new leather. Leather Conditioner actually conditions and softens leather while bringing new life to old or neglected leather that has become stiff due to overexposure or overuse. This product will not repair cracked leather but will penetrate into fibers to rejuvinate their suppleness, aiding to produce a rich luster. (Qts-12 per case, Gals. - 4 per case)
I used Lexol once. It's been on the back of my shelf for a while now

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used Lexol once. It's been on the back of my shelf for a while now
Awesome. Love when I waste money :rofl2:

It works. .... But not as well as I expected. I have no "fresh leather smell"

:wtf: I know GM leather is cheap... But you're telling me after 5 years, that's it?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Awesome. Love when I waste money :rofl2:

It works. .... But not as well as I expected. I have no "fresh leather smell"

:wtf: I know GM leather is cheap... But you're telling me after 5 years, that's it?
The thing I didn't like was how it dried. I saw streaks in the leather when it dried and a second application didn't help any. Didn't care for the smell much either.

GM leather isn't crap, I've had it come back to life before. You just need another product :anitoof:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts