GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2/5 drop on my NNBS, spindle up front flip kit and lift hanger in the rear.

I was getting some vibrations at 2/5 so I moved my hanger up to 2/4 and it fixed it. I want to go back lower and I have a set of 2.5 degree pinion shims that will work with my flip kit.

My question is do I put the fat part of the shim toward the front or fat part toward the back? I've gotten conflicting stories so I'm starting a thread.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If common sense serves me correctly, it seems like ut should go fat to the back to get angles closer to stock?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Who knows? I had the fat part in back and got vibration. Then put the fat part in front and had vibration. I also have a flip kit.

I'm a tard.

And before anyone asks, my truck is too low for me to fit underneath it to put an angle finder on it.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
If you need to point it up then the thick part should be at the back. If you need to point it down then the thick part should be to the front.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Who knows? I had the fat part in back and got vibration. Then put the fat part in front and had vibration. I also have a flip kit.

I'm a tard.

And before anyone asks, my truck is too low for me to fit underneath it to put an angle finder on it.
Random, first measure the angle of the bed rail when your truck is on the ground. Then jack up the truck on stands, just make sure the axle is supported, then adjust the height of the front of the truck the so the bed angle is the same as on the ground.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright guys, just moved my hanger back down to 5" ( a lil cali lean :rockit: )

Put the 2.5 degree shims in, fat part at the back and it took care of the vibration completely. Thanks again JB for the free shims! :shake:

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
If you need to point it up then the thick part should be at the back. If you need to point it down then the thick part should be to the front.
That would be backwards. If memory serves me correctly the shim goes between the axle and spring perch, correct? If this is the case after the flip you'd want the thick part in the back to point down and vice versa.

Edit: Glad to hear you got it worked out.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
That would be backwards. If memory serves me correctly the shim goes between the axle and spring perch, correct? If this is the case after the flip you'd want the thick part in the back to point down and vice versa.
I was wondering if it would be opposites with the flip

Thanks again JB for the free shims! :shake:
Im glad you got that fixed

·
Registered
8,312 Posts

Edit: Glad to hear you got it worked out.
Ya sorry thats without the flip kit. With a flip kit its the opposite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts