GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
years when they had the 99-02 half ton-type front end (like Cornells truck) to the 03+ slant headlight style. Different year motors, which ones better, yada yada yada. I'd like to know as much as possible :imo

Please :)

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
99-04.5 had the LB7, 04.5-05 had the LLY, and then the new ones have the LBZ...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
they didn't start the duramax till 01...they had some 2500 with the rounder body style (99-02 style) starting in 00, but they had the 5.3 and 6.0.

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
years when they had the 99-02 half ton-type front end (like Cornells truck) to the 03+ slant headlight style. Different year motors, which ones better, yada yada yada. I'd like to know as much as possible :imo

Please :)
LB7- 2001 through 2004.5
LLY- 2004.5 through 2006
LBZ-2006 through 2007
LMM- 2007 up (alot of emissions stuff)

The LB7 like my truck seem to get a lot better gas mileage than the LLY. The LLY had overheating problems. All the different motors had injector problems. The LB7 has a fixed turbo. LLY, LBZ and LMM have variable geometry turbos. The bottom end of the LLY, LBZ and LMM have a stronger bottom end than the LB7 but there havent really been to many internal engine upgrades. The LMM has a coreless turbo shaft and thats to make it have a longer life. If you want to have ~40 psi or higher boost you will definately want aftermarket headstuds. Bunch of random facts.. anything in particular you want to know? Oh and the 7th and 8th pistons like to let go with alot of fuel/nitrous/propane/ meth-water injection haha. but you can have a 650hp duramax and it is driveable

Oh yah, in 01 they had some bugs to work out with the allison/duramax so for 02 they backed it up with a better warrenty

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
no offense phil but your 18 for fucks sake. you bitch about not having enough money for gas as it is for your tahoe, and now you think you can afford a duramax.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
LLY is the bestest engine ever!

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
no offense phil but your 18 for fucks sake. you bitch about not having enough money for gas as it is for your tahoe, and now you think you can afford a duramax.
:rofl2: Kev, man you're getting all bent outta shape with everyones duramax talk lately!

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hate me more, because I'm not paying for it. and it wont happen for a couple of months. I never bitched about gas while I had a job and I start working again within a week.

back to the topic at hand.

I want to look foward to spitting black smoke everywhere in a crew cab 4x4, and be able to run 13s at the track. Whats it gunna take fellas?

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,483 Posts
it's gonna take pulling your head out of your ass and thinking your parents are gonna buy you one. I hope they actually do though and I can put my foot in my mouth.

Just an edge juice, CAI, and 4" exhaust will be able to get you into 14's

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Oh yah, in 01 they had some bugs to work out with the allison/duramax so for 02 they backed it up with a better warrenty
I read on dieselplace tonight that the 01 had a 7 yr/200K mile warranty. Did I miss something or am I way off?

I've also read about the Edge shutting down while in use.... Again, I could be way off. I've had no sleep, working 12 hour midnights, and I'm fugging delirious right now...

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
what your gonna need phil is to get EFIlive on the truck but if you want to run 13s your gonna need to drop atleast 5k into the alli with a Suncoast Stage 5 kit. and either a straight pipe or some nice 4". why do you want a crew cab? do you actaully need it or do you want it cuz its the cool thing now?

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what your gonna need phil is to get EFIlive on the truck but if you want to run 13s your gonna need to drop atleast 5k into the alli with a Suncoast Stage 5 kit. and either a straight pipe or some nice 4". why do you want a crew cab? do you actaully need it or do you want it cuz its the cool thing now?
because they look better than EC :read:

I wont rule out getting an EC but id prefer the crew

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
they didn't start the duramax till 01...they had some 2500 with the rounder body style (99-02 style) starting in 00, but they had the 5.3 and 6.0.
Yeah I know, don't know why I put 99 in there... :crazy:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts