GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Just wetsand them with 2000 grit, then 3000 grit. Then polish them with some 3M Perfect It II and a wool pad with a rotary buffer. I did this to mine once and it removed all the scratches.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I would just leave it as is, and DO NOT sand them, otherwise you destroy the coating that blocks out uv rays and makes them scratch resistant. They will become yellow in no time.

·
OG
1,498 Posts
I would just leave it as is, and DO NOT sand them, otherwise you destroy the coating that blocks out uv rays and makes them scratch resistant. They will become yellow in no time.
Yeah, but the compounds and wax have UV protection in them. I've sanded my OEM headlights before and never had any problems with yellowing.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Yeah, but the compounds and wax have UV protection in them. I've sanded my OEM headlights before and never had any problems with yellowing.
after sanding off that initial uv coating, you would have to do the upkeep on them to keep them protected from the elements, i wonder if you could get them clearcoated to make them shine real good and protect them again?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts