GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got to vent a little bit....we lowered a 04 dodge ram at the shop today and i have come to the conclusion....FUCK A DODGE...when he brought the truck it already have 2 leaf springs missing...we reinstalled the leafs and put a flip kit on it with the rear lift shackel set in the lowest drop position and sit the truck on the ground and pulled out the measuring tape....1/2 inch higher than when we started...WTF...so we decided to pull one leaf back out....now its the same height as when we started so we pulled the other one back out....1 inch lower...rear sittin about 1 inch lower than front...put front springs in(2 inch drop springs)...didnt go down any on driver side and 3/8 on passneger side so we drove it it settled about 1/2 on driver side lower than stock and 3/4 on passenger side lower than stock...WTF again....do dodges hate to be lowered or what?????

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Why wouldn't you try and use the stock shackle instead of a lift shackle?

What brand components were you using? Sounds like you need to let the springs settle.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drop kit is from DJM...we put the stock shackel back on at one point but measured the same as lift in top hole

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with the lift shackel and stock shackel layin next to each other the lowest hole on the lift shackel is about 1/2 inch higher than the stock shackel so lowest on it is almost exact same as stock shackel(1/2 inch differance)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was thinkin about a 2 inch drop block but he gonna need a cnotch to go much lower...was gettin close to the frame and still looks like a 4wd lol

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
You know, the stock suspension on that Dodge worked just fine...:hmm:

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
I only had problems getting the front camber back. just like the nnbs. I know for a fact they were meant to be bagged...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
what size wheels is the dodge running? Factory 20s?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the factory 17s with some big ass tires...measured 31 inches with the tape

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
New style dodge laying frame FTW/
But yeah, In general, Fuck Dodge. Though I did like the 08 I used, Would have like a 5.9 though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts