GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ready to kill someone right now. The only time I take my truck in to a dealership to get an oil change and this is what I get!

Yup that's right a freaking basketball sized dent in my bed!! Thanksssss

3B063535-5447-4E61-A651-0680A1BB8284.jpg

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Better them to cause that sent than you! Atleast it'll get fixed. Sucks dude...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sucks a big one. Whole weekend is ruined. Like most of you guys love my ride more than myself.

Just what I want my bed with body filler in it, then probably not have the paint match the rest of the truck

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Why do you need body filler in that?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard to tell in the pic but it's worse then what you see. Creased above the body line and about 3-4 other spots

·
Registered
472 Posts
And this is why I ALWAYS do my own work on my truck. I get accidents happen but I'd still be fuckin pissed if I was you, such an inconvenience. That sucks man.

·
Registered
16 Posts
id bet that big of a dent will get a new bedside. IF the paint doesnt match, bitch. Its all on them to make it right.

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
I would use a paintless dent repair first. I would also be as polite as possible to them, you'll get better service in the end. It was a mistake and "shit happens". I worked in the dealership long enough to see all sorts of stuff happen. They'll take good care of you. I would bet you wont be able to tell where the repair was after they're done, even if it goes to paint.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New bedside without a doubt. They did say they will fix it. Even had the nerve to try to charge me for the oil change. Which pissed me off even more.

Have to take it back Monday and see what they are going to do. I'll go back with a better attitude needless to say I was beyond pissed and was dropping f bombs left and right.

What really sucks is I drove 6 hours to get this truck and literally just made my first payment on it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
So you're upset that tried to charge you for the service you requested? It's nice they comp'd the oil change, but I would not have expected it...the oil change didn't do this. If you went to start the truck, and destroyed the motor then you might have an argument...but not for a dent, or curbed rim, or broken glass IMO.

They'll pay for the damage they did, and that's all they're really liable for. Up to you if you ever use their service again.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Dropping F bombs... That sounds like a civilized way to get things handled...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
New bedside without a doubt. They did say they will fix it. Even had the nerve to try to charge me for the oil change. Which pissed me off even more.

Have to take it back Monday and see what they are going to do. I'll go back with a better attitude needless to say I was beyond pissed and was dropping f bombs left and right.

What really sucks is I drove 6 hours to get this truck and literally just made my first payment on it.
Yeah it sucks, but honestly there are hundreds if not thousands of trucks just like yours out there- it's not the end of the world.

Be respectful, mistakes happen. Give them a chance to make it right, if they don't then take it up the chain. Honestly being polite, understanding and respectful is likely to get you a lot farther than going in there and raising hell.

Maybe if you play your cards right they will give you a brand new truck to drive in the meantime.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know shit happens. I'm not going to go in there on Monday being a dick, but if you guys were in my shoes it'd be a different story.

All I can do is wait until Monday and see what they do to fix it. This couldn't of came at a worse time and is the biggest inconvience ever.

And I was thinking too if this would get reported to carfax or what? Not sure at all, but if that were the case that's an instant price depreciation. I wouldn't buy a truck that had an accident reported to it.

Again not sure on that, I've never had this happen before or know someone that has. From how the service guy was talking this seems like a somewhat common occurrence there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how did u get a dent and all you requested was an oil change?
Beats the shit out of me. I told the guy I didn't want a tire rotation or wash just an oil change and talk to them about my slip yoke which was the main reason I went there to begin with.

Looks like it was either backed into or they took a corner toosharp out of the bay. I only say that because there a ton of fine scrapes all down the side of the bed aswell.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Bed will not need a beside. 90% of that will pop back in place if you work it thru the tail light pocket. Ive fixed WAYYY worse. Worse part of the dent in your bed is that tiny crease above the body line on top. The rest is fairly smooth.

People dont just fill dents with bondo btw. There are ways to work the metal back in shape and use minimal filler ( "bondo" ) to get the surface straight again.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
That won't show up in car fax.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd push for a new bedside. Went to 4 different shops (including a dealership) when I had a similar dent in my 03 from a guy backing into me. All but one highly recommended replacing the panel over using filler. Your panel may not have as many complex curves in it to try to reproduce as the NBS, but still wouldn't like having a brand new truck with bondo on it.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Bed will not need a beside. 90% of that will pop back in place if you work it thru the tail light pocket. Ive fixed WAYYY worse. Worse part of the dent in your bed is that tiny crease above the body line on top. The rest is fairly smooth.

People dont just fill dents with bondo btw. There are ways to work the metal back in shape and use minimal filler ( "bondo" ) to get the surface straight again.
willing to bet the good old deflated ball or tube behind it and slowly fill it would pop most of it back out into place. Did it a couple times with great success

1 - 20 of 21 Posts