GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like two days ago my car got hit by what appeared to be an orange by some little punk kids in what i like to call little mexico (santa ana) got home and thought i got it cleaned off, it was late and i was tired. Today i take it and clean this bitch but there is like a whitish residue left and it stand out, at first i thought it was my paint being eaten away by the orange but it scrapes off if i use my fingernail lightly. Is there a brush or cloth that gives it a good scrub without scratches the paint?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So like two days ago my car got hit by what appeared to be an orange by some little punk kids in what i like to call little mexico (santa ana) got home and thought i got it cleaned off, it was late and i was tired. Today i take it and clean this bitch but there is like a whitish residue left and it stand out, at first i thought it was my paint being eaten away by the orange but it scrapes off if i use my fingernail lightly. Is there a brush or cloth that gives it a good scrub without scratches the paint?
You could try a clay bar. You can get it at any auto parts store

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I have a medium grade clay bar that is good for removing paint overspray/transfer. I would still use at least a one-step polish/wax(sealant) after removing the paint transfer to help reduce the appearance of any micro scratching caused when you were hit.
Let me know if I can set you up w/ something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts