GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
04 GMC Sierra 2500HD
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My paint got mess up today on my bumper and need some help, thought i had more room than i did and was very hungover both of which lead to a bad result. Curious if anyone can help me make it look a little bit better.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
900 Posts
Should be able to sand it down and buff it. Maybe someone else will chime in that know's more about it

·
Registered
35 Posts
You should be able to buff most of that out. The picture is a little blurry so hard to say without being there. Get yourself some ultrafine machine polish from the local paint store maybe even show em and see what they'd recommend. Personally I use 3m products and get them over at Napa.

·
04 GMC Sierra 2500HD
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys i will report back once i get some time to attack it.

·
04 GMC Sierra 2500HD
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can try and get more pictures to

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yea get some better pics but it looks to me in that pics that it may need some sanding to correct

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
feel it, is it into the paint or just on the surface? if its just on the surface you can buff it out to the point where it's barely noticeable

·
04 GMC Sierra 2500HD
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hopefully today i can get better pictures

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,739 Posts
hopefully today i can get better pictures
Look here... You can buy the most powerful DA polisher and rotary buffers on the market... on a small area with the correct compound... with my palm... I'm like a god!

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Load up a (preferably a microfiber) towel and rub the fuck out of it. If you have hands like a man you'll do 10 fold what a DA type polisher will do. If you have hands like a girl... pretend like you're rubbing one off! Bottom line... If you can't live with what's left (which may be satisfactory) you'll probably need the services of a refinishing guy :favorites37:

·
04 GMC Sierra 2500HD
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look here... You can buy the most powerful DA polisher and rotary buffers on the market... on a small area with the correct compound... with my palm... I'm like a god!

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Load up a (preferably a microfiber) towel and rub the fuck out of it. If you have hands like a man you'll do 10 fold what a DA type polisher will do. If you have hands like a girl... pretend like you're rubbing one off! Bottom line... If you can't live with what's left (which may be satisfactory) you'll probably need the services of a refinishing guy :favorites37:

Haha I like it, so basically just buy that compound and rub the balls out of it or take my truck to you. Haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts