GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these with any success?

I'm contemplating using this here. Is it best to introduce it via a vac line or right into the TB?

Thanks! :shake:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Seafoam is the shit man, i've used it many times to clean out engines. It will make your truck smoke like hell for about 5 minutes but that's how you know it's working good. I usually run it through a vacumm line.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
BuiltNotBought99 said:
Seafoam is the shit man, i've used it many times to clean out engines. It will make your truck smoke like hell for about 5 minutes but that's how you know it's working good. I usually run it through a vacumm line.
:word: Vac line...but a word of caution...when I used it on my 99 I had so much carbon buildup that it fouled my plugs.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'd like to open up an engine before and after that stuff goes through. We pulled apart a Vortec 350 today with 75,000 miles on it, and there is so much shit in the intake manifold from the EGR its crazy. We've got the manifold soaking in a bucket full of soap right now...

·
Registered
703 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
:word: Vac line...but a word of caution...when I used it on my 99 I had so much carbon buildup that it fouled my plugs.
I have a 2002, what line is it best ran through? How much did you use? and do u just let the truck idle and pour it in slowly or is there some process?

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
I have a 2002, what line is it best ran through? How much did you use? and do u just let the truck idle and pour it in slowly or is there some process?
You only use a third of a can per application...use the power brake booster vac line and just leave the engine running/idling and tip the can...might have to give it some gas to keep it running, then let idle for a couple minutes, shut engine off, wait 20-30 min, restart and watch the huge cloud o' shit come out the exhaust.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a few cans today, I'll let you peeps know how this crap works. :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HOLY FUCK, looks like something caught on fire after I ran it through my F150 tonight! lol That's got about 115K only on it.

Up tomorrow is my Z and a 175K LS400 :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i love using that stuff...everyone said that it makes tons of smoke, and the first time i used it on ym truck, it didn't surprisingly, 110K miles...then i used it on the 4.0L jeep grand cherokee, slowly poured some in, then revved it up and dumped a bunch in and killed the motor, let it sit for 20 mins, and man, let me tell you that there was a ton of smoke. My truck wasn't bad compared to the jeep...and ive used it on my truck a couple of time since right around oil change time, and there still wasn't much smoke...but it does clean out the motor very nicely.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CD01Z71 said:
I used on my Z and it stopped my cold start knock, and pinging. Truck runs awesome now. :D

Cool! I hope that will help some of my knock! :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweeeeet! :haha:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts