GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which style box is better? I have a ex-cab with 1 12 in a sealed box. The one that goes over the hump. Would a non sealed box be better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Depends on what you listen to. I have a sealed box and its real tight bass.Ported offers louder boomier bass and runs the subs more effiecently.But its easier to over power them..Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong,Paul

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
What typ of music do you listen to? I have always run sealed. With rock/country its nice and tight bass and can get loud. And sounds nice with rap. Where as a ported box will be tons louder but imo (which I'll probably start an arguement) the bass gets sloppy and doesn't sound as good.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
What typ of music do you listen to? I have always run sealed. With rock/country its nice and tight bass and can get loud. And sounds nice with rap. Where as a ported box will be tons louder but imo (which I'll probably start an arguement) the bass gets sloppy and doesn't sound as good.
not everytime...it depends on how you tune the box. you hear a lot of ppl tuning to 40 hz 35 hz 30 hz...and such forth.

yet all the boxes i've ever had was seperate built.. i've never owned a box that shared airspace. because i feel your subs fight each other when sharing airspace. which i dont want, much less like.

i've always tuned mine down around 22 hz - 19 hz depending on what i want.

i listen to rap when i go to different towns....but when im with my fiance we listen to alt rock/country....but i never kept my back seat in...always pulled it out and put 2 12s and a huge amp with the battery behind the amp. >of course not touching each other.

it's all in what you want, and what you are willing to do.
when you port a box, you need a bigger box. when you seal a box, it doesnt take up very much space.

so decide if you want to take the seat out or not...if you dont, i would leave it sealed. just my personal tastes.

·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, Yeah I have to leave the seat in. I use it to much to take it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts