GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as u know, i messed up 1 of my tail lights extremely bad...but i fixed it...used some rubbing alcohol(to get it off) but instead it got rid of the white spots...so now it looks good...but its too dark :imo
but the other light LOOKS PERFECT...i almost creamed myself when i put it on my truck :rocking:
so HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS STUFF OFF THE LIGHT?? rubbing alcohol didnt work much.... ANY IDEAS?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
AftermatH said:
as u know, i messed up 1 of my tail lights extremely bad...but i fixed it...used some rubbing alcohol(to get it off) but instead it got rid of the white spots...so now it looks good...but its too dark :imo
but the other light LOOKS PERFECT...i almost creamed myself when i put it on my truck :rocking:
so HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS STUFF OFF THE LIGHT?? rubbing alcohol didnt work much.... ANY IDEAS?
Nite shades is weird stuff, you spray one coat horizontal, and then the next coat vertical ... My guess if you put too much on and its now too dark you are gonna have to sand the tail lights ... someone else might be able to help here, I'd say you might want to use some 320 till you get the tint off and then some 400 and then 600 to smooth it out before you reapply the tint.

Sound good?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
bcubed said:
Nite shades is weird stuff, you spray one coat horizontal, and then the next coat vertical ... My guess if you put too much on and its now too dark you are gonna have to sand the tail lights ... someone else might be able to help here, I'd say you might want to use some 320 till you get the tint off and then some 400 and then 600 to smooth it out before you reapply the tint.

Sound good?
:word:

Just sand it off and start over.

·
Want a Cowl Hood OBS !
60 Posts
you have any pics of the good one on your truck?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Couldn't he just use mineral spirits or something like that? I've never use the stuff, but it works great on regular shake cans. Sanding it off it gonna end up scratching the light pretty good and won't you be able to see that throught the night shade stuff?

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its gonna scratch the light? lol i had to sand it at the beginning anyway...i got it all off...took about an hour :pow:
i sanded it...and used paint thinner...got the first coat on it then ran out of paint damnit. so now i have to go and get some more
rightlight.gif

looks really good :imo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts