Votes: 34 68.0%
  • No, don't be a dumbass!

Votes: 16 32.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my situation, as some of you may know I plan on lifting my Silverado and I can do this much faster if I sell my dirt bike for some $ (pics of my bike on the 2nd page of my cardomain site, just click my sig). Keep in mind that I'm not just being impatient to lift my truck and that I haven't been riding much lately due to either cops busting people, or construction of new homes. :guns: The only option I really have left is to go to a track and I hate paying to go riding at a track and then having to deal with the millions of people there and their BS. I've only gone riding once this year so far and I hate just having the bike sitting around not being used especially since its not gaining value.
I do plan on buying a Honda CR250 within the next couple of years anyway regardless of the decision I make, so if I do sell my bike I won’t be screwed forever.

Let me know what you guys think all opinions are welcome, thanks!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Sell the bike. It sounds like you don't have anywhere really to ride, and you would get more use out of a lift (use it every day u drive the truck). Since you plan on gettin a new bike in a few years, you will prob enjoy it even more if you don't have a bike for a while. Id rather have stuff for my truck than a 4 wheeler or dirt bike...but thats just me.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Vote sale it and get the lift if you can get a good amount of money for it. I mean if you can only get a small amount for it, it would not be worth it.

Your call :crazy:

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Not sure what you should do, you get chicks either way. :head:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
snigbertese said:
good choice what you getting? a yfz450?
im gonna get a KFX400, dont really need a race quad so the extra money for a yfz450 isnt justified, even tho its a damn nice machine.

silverado- i would keep it cuz anyways, thats a nice ass bike, but if you planned on getting a new bike then might as well sell this one now. i dunno what that thing is worth, but should pay for most of the lift stuff

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
You live in SoCal and you cant find any legal places to ride besides tracks? Well Id say sell the bike since you dont ride it much and go for the lift. Summer is comin real soon anyway and its just gonna be way too hot to ride.

MotoHead

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MotoHead said:
You live in SoCal and you cant find any legal places to ride besides tracks? Well Id say sell the bike since you dont ride it much and go for the lift. Summer is comin real soon anyway and its just gonna be way too hot to ride.

MotoHead
thats right, do you know of any places?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
http://www.bokasmo.com/pages/ohv/california/

there is a list of so-cal, norcal, and central cal places to ride. all depends on the type of riding you like. if your sick of the BS at the tracks, i would hit up the desert with a small group of people or a buddy.

ive ridden quads twice in my life. once in pismo once at stoddard. needless to say the desert kicks butt. me and my buddies rented some honda 400ex's and went out to stoddard last summer in either late july/early august. it was hot as hell, but well worth it. i cant wait to do it again this summer with my own machine

1 - 20 of 40 Posts