GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey GMFS'ers!!! I'm selling my truck tomorow if everything goes right & looking at new z71 Vmax's. I have some plans for the new truck & was wondering what tranny the Vmax has? I have heard 4l60,4l80, & 4l70 (which I never heard of before). Also think this was covered in a thread already but they come with EITHER a 3.73 or 4.10 rear?

THANKS & :big_banana_Dance:

·
Throttle Jockey
279 Posts
Vmax

6.0, tranny?, 4.10's

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
Im sure they'll chime in soon. But if i remember correctly it has the 4l80. And if it has a towing package, it'll have a 14bolt. 4.10's didnt come in all of them.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When building one on the chevy site is says all the Vmaxs have 9.5" rear (bought same as a 14 right?

Also again found some Vmax's with 4l70's.... They anygood? I would guess in between a 60 & 80?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
What years are you looking at? the 07 and 08's had the 4l70e and the 09's have the 6l80e.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lookin at 08 with around 9k miles. I'm thinking a BRAND new Vmax is gunna be a little high for me $ wise.

Trav- you can stay over here. I gots AC!:big_banana_Dance: and beer!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If the 08 has the slotted front bumper then it will have the max trailering package, which comes with the 4.10's, rear disk brakes extra tranny cooler and built in brake controller.

Edit: if it doesn't have the max trailering package, it'll have the 3.73's and rear drum brakes

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
the vmax has the 367hp 6.0 , the 4L70's have either 3.73 or 4.10 depending how it was optioned. i think the 09's have the option for the 6L80, and i know that there is no 4.10 option for the 6 speeds.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
If the 08 has the slotted front bumper then it will have the max trailering package, which comes with the 4.10's, rear disk brakes extra tranny cooler and built in brake controller.

Edit: if it doesn't have the max trailering package, it'll have the 3.73's and rear drum brakes
the slotted front bumper is INCORRECT i've seen many v'max's and regular silvys with the slotted front bumper and NO 4.10's

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
Lookin at 08 with around 9k miles. I'm thinking a BRAND new Vmax is gunna be a little high for me $ wise.

Trav- you can stay over here. I gots AC!:big_banana_Dance: and beer!:cheers:
the 08 will have the 4L70 with either 3.73's or 4.10's. if it has the max trailering package it will have 4.10's, if not it should have 3.73's

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
the slotted front bumper is INCORRECT i've seen many v'max's and regular silvys with the slotted front bumper and NO 4.10's
Yeah, the 07 & 08's vmax's were the first for the nnbs half tons to come with it until all the 09's now come with it. The slotted bumper designates the vmax
(07 & 08) w/ the max trailering package (4.10's). The vmax's that had 3.73's did not have the slotted front bumper

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It does have the Max tow package, so it does have 4.10's.

Thanks guys, this is very good info!!!:shake:

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
no that is incorrect. there ARE 08's with slotted bumpers and 3.73's as well as 5.3 silverados with slotted bumpers in 08 also.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm offo tomorow & suppose to sell my truck at 1pm. After that I'll see what I can find out on these damn Vmaxs.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts