GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to either sell my Tahoe or trade it in.

I'm looking at getting a Denali (04-06) or a Range Rover (03-06). Anything I should be looking for in the Denali?

I know this is a GM site, but anyone have any experience with Range Rovers?

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
From experience, let me tell you.... STAY AWAY FROM RANGE ROVER!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read consumer reports and they may be nice but they are terrible for value and longevity.

So I guess its a Denali. Consumer Reports also says stay away from 05 Yukons ..... i wonder why?

·
Registered
220 Posts
my family has owned both denali & the range rover..trust me get the denali.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
in 2005 GM started dropping features left and right to cut costs. The body stayed the same, but much of the interior amenities were dropped.

Look for a 2003-2004 :imo

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
So you're voting Range Rover?
:wtf: I'm voting 03-04 Denali, stay away from 05-06 models

01-02 have TRUE AWD with the indestructable NVG-149 transfercase (vs a BW unit on 03+), and a slightly different interior (Din and a half style)

They're by far the most stout of the bunch. IMHO

·
Registered
220 Posts
in 2005 GM started dropping features left and right to cut costs. The body stayed the same, but much of the interior amenities were dropped.

Look for a 2003-2004 :imo
denaliano. what were some of the specific differences between the 03-04 & 05-06 denali's?

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
denaliano. what were some of the specific differences between the 03-04 & 05-06 denali's?
Really basic shit right off the bat -

- Dropped mpg/trip/timer from the DIC
- Dropped console lights
- Dropped under hood lamps
- Dropped foot well lamps

www.denalitrucks.com for more research, there's more. Thanks to GM's neverending quest to save .03 cents at every corner :pissed:

The 2001 Yukon Denali and the 2002 Sierra Denali were the nicest, and most fully equipped out of the entire generation, as they were introductory platform models.

After that, they slashed goodies left and right. :nono:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tell me about it, my NNBS needs footwell lights and underhood lights. The lack of underhood lights makes me the most angry though, I hate fiddling with flashlights.
no shit! u would think a $50K vehicle would have underhood lights...i think for an extra $15 GM could've done that

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
no shit! u would think a $50K vehicle would have underhood lights...i think for an extra $15 GM could've done that
15 cents you mean, even that's a stretch.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Really basic shit right off the bat -

- Dropped mpg/trip/timer from the DIC
- Dropped console lights
- Dropped under hood lamps
- Dropped foot well lamps

www.denalitrucks.com for more research, there's more. Thanks to GM's neverending quest to save .03 cents at every corner :pissed:

The 2001 Yukon Denali and the 2002 Sierra Denali were the nicest, and most fully equipped out of the entire generation, as they were introductory platform models.

After that, they slashed goodies left and right. :nono:
the engine bay lights and foot light things were dropped in 03 along with fuel filters

·
Da turdy point buck
101 Posts
I like how the truck is for sale at 8500 with a sticker on it.. and he takes that picture and still throws it up for 9000 online.. :think:

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
Tell me about it, my NNBS needs footwell lights and underhood lights. The lack of underhood lights makes me the most angry though, I hate fiddling with flashlights.
:whoa: wtf my OBS ghetto edition roll-up windows with vinyl floor has footwell lights and an underhood light... If by footwell you mean under the dash anyway.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
:whoa: wtf my OBS ghetto edition roll-up windows with vinyl floor has footwell lights and an underhood light... If by footwell you mean under the dash anyway.
Yup, missing from NNBS's. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my truck, but there are little things GM couldve done to make it even better.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts