GMC Truck Forum banner

Selling My Hoe - Denali or Range Rover?

6K views 58 replies 26 participants last post by  9T9hoeLT 
in 2005 GM started dropping features left and right to cut costs. The body stayed the same, but much of the interior amenities were dropped.

Look for a 2003-2004 :imo

So you're voting Range Rover?
:wtf: I'm voting 03-04 Denali, stay away from 05-06 models

01-02 have TRUE AWD with the indestructable NVG-149 transfercase (vs a BW unit on 03+), and a slightly different interior (Din and a half style)

They're by far the most stout of the bunch. IMHO

denaliano. what were some of the specific differences between the 03-04 & 05-06 denali's?
Really basic shit right off the bat -

- Dropped mpg/trip/timer from the DIC
- Dropped console lights
- Dropped under hood lamps
- Dropped foot well lamps

www.denalitrucks.com for more research, there's more. Thanks to GM's neverending quest to save .03 cents at every corner :pissed:

The 2001 Yukon Denali and the 2002 Sierra Denali were the nicest, and most fully equipped out of the entire generation, as they were introductory platform models.

After that, they slashed goodies left and right. :nono:

no shit! u would think a $50K vehicle would have underhood lights...i think for an extra $15 GM could've done that
15 cents you mean, even that's a stretch.

get a 01-02 cut the dash for the dd to fit get a 03+ bezel move a couple things and your good to go.
I agree, if you're only after an 03+ because of the double din, I'd hunt for an 01-02 and mod the dash. You'll wind up with a much nicer equipped truck. There's a myriad of problems associated with the newer models as they possess a more complex system of computer modules that's a royal pain in the ass to troubleshoot. When you're buying used, that is ALWAYS something to consider, as you don't have the option to just let "the dealer fix it"

So basically it's missing $10 worth of light bulbs...
Those were just some reasons off the top of my head. I listed it because I think it's absolutely disgusting that on a Luxury model they'd drop "$10 worth of light bulbs" and makes me question what else they've compromised in the truck. Cheaper interior clips so things are prone to rattle? inferior upholstery material? Mechanical and structural shortcomings? If you're cutting corners with fucking light bulbs, it makes me doubt the whole truck. NOT Professional Grade. :down:

Like I said, feel free to visit denalitrucks.com for a long list of complaints from 2005-2006 owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.