GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta love GM quality... I knew it would happen after the warranty ran out

So my warranty ran out last year... started the truck couple weeks ago when I put the dash back in and it threw the SES... took out the fuses and unhooked the battery and it went away and didn't come back til today

Started truck to move outside so I could paint the garage.. SES and it runs like crap when it was cold shaking, backfired, let it get warm and now it runs smooth again. But still has the SES.

Don't even want to imagine how much the dealership would want to check it/fix it and not a chance that I'm taking it to there with all the work I've did so far.

Guess It'll have to stay that way till I can afford a code reader.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Yeah, some places will read codes for free or if you know someone with a autotap they can do it. Could be as simple as an o2 sensor.....

Cameron

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Physh1 said:
Yeah, some places will read codes for free or if you know someone with a autotap they can do it. Could be as simple as an o2 sensor.....

Cameron
Word, my nieghbors o2 senosr was destroyed by rats and it did the same kind of things.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
02Silverado said:
Word, my nieghbors o2 senosr was destroyed by rats and it did the same kind of things.
:LOL: hehehehehehe

Cameron

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Could be fouled plugs too...mine did that after I ran some Seafoam thru her...and it fouled the plugs...don't think that takin the dash out would do this, but...lol

Autozone and/or O-reilly's will scan ya for free...you might try turning your gas cap a few clicks too...mine throws a code that the stealership said that if i tightened the gas cap it would go away or i could reset the puter after the tightening.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Well, the SES light will go off after a while BUT the code is still logged in the computer. I'd still go have the code pulled and referenced to make sure it's not gonna be a future issue.

Cameron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts