GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off 89 chevy 1/2 ton long bed reg cab. 350 auto tbi. I replaced the bulb not the bulb. i put a normal light in to the pins and nothing still. test voltage only getting three volts. the wire is fine did a ohm test to the comp its .004.
I tried to set the timing and unplugged the wire up on the firewall its at 0 replugged the wire and still at 0 truck is backfireing. when i accelarate hard and hesitates. anyone run into this im starting to think pcm the ses light dont even come on when the key is first on. thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:think:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok let me slow this down for you. My check engine light isn't coming on key on engine off. I tried to jump the pins. Still no light( check engine light). I took a light and hooked it up to the pin (for the light behind the gauges) nothing still. Did a volt test i got 3.5 volts (volts is electric current) from the pin on the pcm (powertrain control module). I hope I am not losing you guys yet. Then I did a ohm test its .004 ohms. Truck is backfireing through tb (throttle body). I tied to adjust the timing. Its at 0% btc (before top dead center). With the wire plugged in and unplugged both the same setting dont change. The wire is the one you have to remove so you get the real timing setting. I hope i broke this down enough for you. If noy maybe I can draw you a digram with crayons. I really can not type any slowwweeeerrr but if I give you may number you could call me. Then i can break it down even better

·
Registered
480 Posts
its not that you had to slow it down, its the fact that you jumbled your paragraph into run-on sentences that didnt even make sense, alot of people dont want to try to take the time to figure it out. i had to read it 3 times to understand what you were talking about. if you type complete sentences, it would be easier for everyone to help you, your second paragraph was much better, but next time dont try to be a smarty pants and spell stuff out, everyone on here knows what you mean when you say tb and pcm..... so just take it easy and everyone would enjoy helping you...have a great day

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
its not that you had to slow it down, its the fact that you jumbled your paragraph into run-on sentences that didnt even make sense, alot of people dont want to try to take the time to figure it out. i had to read it 3 times to understand what you were talking about. if you type complete sentences, it would be easier for everyone to help you, your second paragraph was much better, but next time dont try to be a smarty pants and spell stuff out, everyone on here knows what you mean when you say tb and pcm..... so just take it easy and everyone would enjoy helping you...have a great day
you are correct sir..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts