GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my SES light come on today at 85,000 mi. It was really hot outside and my A/C vent kepts changing speed at full blast 5. I don't know what is soing on. Will have to disconnect the battery and see if I can shut it off and stay off. I've not changed anything recently, the fuel filter was changed about 5K mi ago and my K&N seems fine too. If I bring it to the stealership, should I reset my HPP3 though I'm out of warranty?
Thanks....

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Before you bring it in...have you recently fueled up? Not putting the gas cap on correctly (or tight enough) can cause the SES light to come on. Just a thought, since I had this happen with my 03. Unfortunately, mine didn't reset itself, even after I tightened up my gas cap.

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had the battery disconnected for an hour, and the light is reset and off for now. Yes I had filled up just a day before. Maybe that was it.
Will have to keep an eye on it.
If it comes back on, I might reset it a couple more times but then have it checked out by the stealer. Will reset my HPP3 though. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.