GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how i could set up my alarm to do my shaved doors? I had asked this before but when the forum went down it got erased

·
Registered
3 Posts
You could easily use relays o pop your solenoids by your Aux Outputs on your alarm, or use your door lock outputs if you are currently using driver's priority. Ie: one press pops the driver, second press pops the pass door. Depends on how the kit you have or are getting is setup.
I am about to do it, but I am currently looking for a remote battery jumping setup to install first, n case my battery ever fails, I can get into the truck. (like what the tow trucks use to jump your car)
What brand kit are you running?
Tucker

·
Registered
496 Posts
chaddurst said:
I have an Python alarm
depending on how many extra channels you have, you may need a 430t channel splitter, made by dei

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feed said:
depending on how many extra channels you have, you may need a 430t channel splitter, made by dei
I have no idea how many aux channels I have. How much does that splitter run? How would I wire everything up?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
which Python is it? You channels should be the red/white and the white/blue. The red/white is used for the drivers door and the other for the passengers door cuz you have to hold it for 3 seconds to activate it.

get 2 realys and wire them up like this:

red/white to #85
constant to #30 and #86
#87 + out to drivers side door solenoid

white/blue to #85
constant to #30 and #86
#87 + out to pass side door solenoid

·
Registered
496 Posts
430t takes 1 channel and splits it into 6. i had remote window up/down also, so that took up two channels. you need to figure out which model alarm you have. if you have 2 extra outputs wire it as 94flamds10blazer described. the constant 30 and 86 are positive. alarm outputs are -

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feed said:
430t takes 1 channel and splits it into 6. i had remote window up/down also, so that took up two channels. you need to figure out which model alarm you have. if you have 2 extra outputs wire it as 94flamds10blazer described. the constant 30 and 86 are positive. alarm outputs are -
I have the 1500ESP

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
if ur really cheap, u could just get remote windows and roll down ur windows everytime you wanted to get into ur truck... it would suck on rainy days though.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yup, your interior would get wet when it rains. And plus I think it'd become a hassle waiting for the windows to roll down and then having to reach in to open the door.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Ive never heard of the splitting of channels. I have 2 channel expanders for my blazer, Ill have to see the model numbers. both are 6 channel each

1 - 11 of 11 Posts