GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Broke
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am a newb to car audio.
Second off, I'm not a bass fiend.

I'm thinking about throwing a 10" sub I have around (it's just some Pioneer IMPP something-er-other) behind my passenger's seat.
I plan to use a Profile California CA600M amplifier (300W RMS x 1 @ 4ohms) and I will more then likely build my own box.

Here's where the questions come in, I can get free wire from where I work. What would the optimal size be?
Does it matter that it is thickly stranded wire? It seems like I am seen some fine strand wire in others amp setups, and this wire is defineatly not finely stranded.

Basically do yall guys think it's worth it to buy a wiring kit? I mean the only thing I got a hook-up on is wire and they usually come with other lil accessories...

Thanks

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
8ga will work, dont forget a fuse within a few inches of the battery. Finely stranded is better. You can get some cheap kits from Walmart or ebay for under $25. They come with rcas, turn-on wire, fuses, etc

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Matt said:
ive heard some 8's that sounded beautfiul with blues. just right amount of bass to pick up stuff like bass guitar.
ueah but Ive heard 3 15s that made G3 sound like heaven! G3 being Satriana, Vai and Johnson a few years ago
but they also had an Orion 2150 on each of them , so thats 600 true watts each per sub

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
94flamds10blazr said:
ueah but Ive heard 3 15s that made G3 sound like heaven! G3 being Satriana, Vai and Johnson a few years ago
so i am the second person on this site who likes G3. summer song owns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts