GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE who has pics of SFA brackets please post them. I know some of you with SFA have a digital cam or a friend with one, please take some detailed shots of the front brackets for me :worship:

I am starting to design mine and its a pain in the ass to do with all the IFS crap in the way. I want to make sure the axle is going to be correctly located (foward to back). The front of the frame is 35" wide, just wide enough for the leaf hangers but im having a time figuring out how far back on the frame they need to be. Also the back part is going to be tricky since the frame is curving out where I think they need to be.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Im gonna guess that when u say SFA trucks, you don't just mean SFA swaps. If thats the case, ill see what i can do for you. I hope to take some pics of my truck soon, so if i get the chance, ill take some pics of that for you too...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here are the front and rear hangers on the Gibson HD. I lightened it a little so you can see how it goes around the core support mount.

Since Gibson does exhaust they put theirs up inside the frame rails.

The front hanger on my truck. The springs are like yours 35" center to center.

Side view so you can see the bracing back to the stock control arm mount. You can also see the tabs that go up around the core support mount. Mine have 2 bolts side to side through the frame sleeved inside and one bolt from underneith. Please ignore the blue it will be black by the weekend to match the axles and transfercase.

The rear hanger on mine. I do not have the ability to do the exhaust well so I simply went under the frame so it could remain intact.

Hope that gives you a couple of ideas. Good luck with yours. If you would like larger pictures or anything else let me know.

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forgot the springs are for a superduty they are 54" eye to eye with a centered spring bolt. The axle sits within 1/2" of centered in the fenderwell. (Older picture before paint and driveshafts) but you can see where it sits

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dark, Its Tennessee, buddy i've got tons of pics of just brackets of obs SAS if that helps any. IM me and ill send em on over.

·
Registered
162 Posts
4wd 4less said:
Dark, Its Tennessee, buddy i've got tons of pics of just brackets of obs SAS if that helps any. IM me and ill send em on over.
How about you post them? He's not the only one who wants to see. :read:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts