·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any? Yet?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
heh if it counts for anything im going to start selling a NBS kit once i get my built and tested.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy said:
Setstr8.com, i dont think they make obs, but you can call them.
Why cant you just get jason to fab them?
Well ive mentioned that too him and he said he would probably be the same price as ORU and i think that he pretty much would rather just buy the kti then make his own

·
2,451 Posts
Smith said:
Well ive mentioned that too him and he said he would probably be the same price as ORU and i think that he pretty much would rather just buy the kti then make his own
oh cool, i was just saying because he is a hell of a fabricator.
fabworxinc.com makes them and ive read on fsc that they are cheaper :read:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Fabritech (did I spell that right?)
Not Fabtech but Fabritech makes a SAS kit for the NBS Not sure about the OBS. I will try to find there site.

·
6,656 Posts
its already opsted in here.

if i start actually offering a kit it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the 950 ORU want. Probably in like 400 range.

·
6,656 Posts
they wanted 1700 for the NBS one!!!! I called and talked to them about it.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
they wanted 1700 for the NBS one!!!! I called and talked to them about it.
does everything come thats needed in the kit? or is it just the axle or whats the deal on that. because i know you once told me to get a SFA on a NBS it was some where in like the 9000$ range or something like that.

I was thinking about a 10" cognito lift kit because its very strong although the truck is IFS, but if i could get a SFA kit for 1700$ id get that, then just get some big leaf springs.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
no thats JUST the brackets and a pitman arm.
when you do the SFA swap do you NEED to get a similar axle for the rear or can you use the stock one? and just to make sure, to do the whole swap it is like 9000$ right?

·
6,656 Posts
well no ou dont HAVE to but it would be dumb to leave the 10 bolt back there. Mien is going to end up about 9k, but im going pretty hard core, you dont NEED a dana 60, you dont NEED 42s, you dfont NEED double beadlocks, you dont NEED bilstein 7100s. Dont get me wrong, it will be very expensive.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
well no ou dont HAVE to but it would be dumb to leave the 10 bolt back there. Mien is going to end up about 9k, but im going pretty hard core, you dont NEED a dana 60, you dont NEED 42s, you dfont NEED double beadlocks, you dont NEED bilstein 7100s. Dont get me wrong, it will be very expensive.
well...seeing as how i prolly wont do nearly as haggard off-roading that you will do...ill just go with the cognito kit for 2800$ and call it a day haha

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
you dont NEED bilstein 7100s..
You certainly don't need two per corner :D :crazy: You know I'm never going to let you hear the end of that...

Just think about this, when I did mine I didn't use any blingy stuff and just used procomp es3000's for like $21.99 a piece per corner and I came out to over $12k... I sold my old truck for $11,500 and payed $500 out of pocket. Since then I have put almost that again into it though, hmm...

·
6,656 Posts
but you also used a dynatrac axle, would you ever do that again? $$$$$$$

Yeah I know about the shocks, but for as cheap as i got them they just look bling! It cost me freaking nothing!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
didnt you use an already built axle?
I bought an axle from ORU that they had previously built for a customer but the guy backed out so they gutted it of all the good stuff, arb, gears, etc and I bought the housing from them... I had to build it other than the blingin gloss black and aluminum cover :D I put shafts, carrier, gears, hubs, kingpin rebuilds, steering arms, bearings, etc in it.

·
6,656 Posts
ahhhh ok, i just saw pics of the bling paint and cover and assumed it was built

1 - 20 of 36 Posts