GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any shops that do straight axle conversions somewhere near the central valley in CA? I really want to straight axle but am not mechanically inclined and don't really know of any shops. Also, how much would the average conversion cost? I know there are many variables about axles but just a estimate.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
A fucking lot if you have a shop do it and you do it right. Im doing all of the work myself and figure 6-8k. Thats also fabbing a lot of my own brackets. Allthough it does include tires and wheels. Dont be doing this just for looks unless you have tons of money to blow.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if I get it done my truck will get abused alot more then it is going to get abused if i go with the Full Throttle 12". I'm starting to think its not worth the effort anymore because it is just too much money. Time to go with the 12" lift on 36" tires with 4.88 gearing and making it a fastass pismo truck.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a NBS 4wd, I know thats a small tire but I won't rub at all. If I was to run 38's it will rub.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, I'll be happy just keeping the fenders the way they are. Throw some fiberglass fenders on the front and rear and run some 44's haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts