GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes ones for the 73-87 truck??? I've seen them before...but would like to see them again...I'm startin to get serious about some lift options for my truck.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Thats just what I was lookin for. Now can anyone recommend where I can get some 4" front leafs and all the steering stuff I will need??

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts

I used a simple bolt on shackle flip for mine :anitoof:
I am using stock springs with a 2" long AAL and got approx 7" of lift.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TexK5 said:

I used a simple bolt on shackle flip for mine :anitoof:
I am using stock springs with a 2" long AAL and got approx 7" of lift.
Now where did u find that simple bolt on shackle flip?? It looks like it would be cheaper, easier, and work just as well as the $185 kit.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
It looks like the one made by Echobit but the fabber/owner of that company skipped town with everyones money and no one has heard from him, good luck finding a kit :)

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The guy from echobit not to long ago did my spring perches, I dont think he skipped town he just isnt fabbing anymore. He told me that he was finishing up his last orders and wont take anymore.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well you may want to check out his forums and ck5 since there are quite a few people that sent him money as long ago as August and never received anything...

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damnit...I was hopin to find a lil easier/cheaper way to do a good lift...ohhh well, looks like ill be shellin out $200 for the shackles when that time comes.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Damnit...I was hopin to find a lil easier/cheaper way to do a good lift...ohhh well, looks like ill be shellin out $200 for the shackles when that time comes.
Some people on CK5 have them NEW never used for sale, they run about $100. I bought mine that way since he went out of business. There are also members that make a similar one for the same price ($100 shipped or less).

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/929413/page/13/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

Jason is right about Echobit.....Im one of the members still waiting on my stepped sliders :evillol: he has told me recently they are shipped so we'll see.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Hmmm...that might work for me then. $100 is about half as much as the ORD flip.
Not just that but it only takes 10min to install whereas the ORD flip takes a long time. The ORD flip requires cutting off the rivets from the frame then bolting that bracket on. On my K5 that would require dropping the gas tank. The ORD flip is very stout and worth the $$, also the install is doable, just takes some time and falls under the "bloddy knuckle" catagory :naughty:

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TexK5 said:
Not just that but it only takes 10min to install whereas the ORD flip takes a long time. The ORD flip requires cutting off the rivets from the frame then bolting that bracket on. On my K5 that would require dropping the gas tank. The ORD flip is very stout and worth the $$, also the install is doable, just takes some time and falls under the "bloddy knuckle" catagory :naughty:
Yeah, when the time comes, im really gonna see if i can't the echobit flip, if not, Ill shell out the extra money...and i don't mind workin on some little project all day if i have to. But i really would love to get the echobit flip and keep the ORD kit as a last resort since theres no way im gonna put a block back there and would like to keep my stock springs.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
RedneckDude said:
Yeah, when the time comes, im really gonna see if i can't the echobit flip, if not, Ill shell out the extra money...and i don't mind workin on some little project all day if i have to. But i really would love to get the echobit flip and keep the ORD kit as a last resort since theres no way im gonna put a block back there and would like to keep my stock springs.
Sounds like a good plan. The other benefit of the Echobit is that its reversible. Meaning you can allways unbolt it and run your springs in the factory setup.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Other than blazers having to drop the tank the ORD flip is easy...

Took me all of 20 minutes to install it. I drilled the head of the rivets off then just knocked them out with a drift and hammer. Then just bolted the thing up.

Also, the ORD kit is a very nice and stout kit... A few of my club members have the Echobit kit and complain about it clanking and clunking under compression.

·
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
willyswanter said:
Other than blazers having to drop the tank the ORD flip is easy...

Took me all of 20 minutes to install it. I drilled the head of the rivets off then just knocked them out with a drift and hammer. Then just bolted the thing up.

Also, the ORD kit is a very nice and stout kit... A few of my club members have the Echobit kit and complain about it clanking and clunking under compression.
How hard of compression are you talkin about? Just from normal day to day drivin and stuff, or from pretty hard wheelin and flexin? And if thats the only complaint, I still might have to go with it. One good thing about the ORD kit for me would be the fact that the tank does have to come down...i need to drop it anyways and fix the float in it, so I would be killin 2 birds with one stone...I mean at some point i will have to drop the tank so I might as well do the ORD kit at the same time if i can't come up with a Echobit kit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts