GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i install my 14 bolt that is almost finished, all i lack is gear set up and perches, i plan to do a shackle flip from off road design. i have heard it moves your axle forward. how much? because my tuffstuff perches only allow me to move back one inch and the 35s are really close to hitting the front of the rear fenders when it flexes. what is a good method for centering my axle?

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
when i install my 14 bolt that is almost finished, all i lack is gear set up and perches, i plan to do a shackle flip from off road design. i have heard it moves your axle forward. how much? because my tuffstuff perches only allow me to move back one inch and the 35s are really close to hitting the front of the rear fenders when it flexes. what is a good method for centering my axle?
If I remember right its about an inch.

PM Jameson, he just did his

Im going to remove my bed when i do mine

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I used the 1.5" setting on my zero rate and it re-centered my axle perfectly.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
If I remember right its about an inch.

PM Jameson, he just did his

Im going to remove my bed when i do mine
That would have made it SOOOO much easier.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanx for the response. i plan to set it to the furthest setting on my perches and i want to use the the kit from ruffstuff that flips your u-bolts on the rearend up. and will use the furthest setting on those as well. hope all lines up well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts