GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put shackle hangers on my 2002 silvy extra cab to drop the back end 2 inches but idk where to get them?? I am perfectly fine buying them used if I can. Also with the 2 inch shackle hangers do i need to get new shocks for the rear?? New to the whole truck mod world so any advice and input is appreciated..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is how the truck sits now Freshly debadged and plastic around wheel wells taken off blacking out grille and bowtie this weekend hopefully if all goes according to plan

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
I believe there maybe some 2in shackles for sale in the classifieds on this website. To lower it 2in's you'll need shackles, if you want 4in then you could do shackles and hangers. You won't need new shocks with just a 2in drop.

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Well there's shackles by themselves or you can get them paired with a set of hangers too. You just replace your stock shackles with the 2in drop shackles. They bolt onto the leaf springs and then bolt to the stock hangers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want to buy more than i need to so if I only need shackles than i don't wanna buy the hangers too. Dou have just the shackles and if so do you u have 2" shackles???

·
GMFS Military Member
207 Posts
Not to step on anyones balls or a potential sale here, but if you need them ASAP ( I fucking HATE waiting on shipping) then i bought mine from Orileys auto parts for around 50 bucks a few years ago. Walked in and snagged em right off the shelf. Had em in that day.. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 21 Posts