GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i typed lowering shackle into google, click on the first link and saw this

http://store.gaugemagazine.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1014

any reason not to use uber cheap? does name matter?

i like these simply because it says they will work on a 2500 truck...

i have a 2500 suburban, and NO ONE makes a lowering kit for it, is there a 3inch shackle that will work on a 2500?

i dont tow anything, no hitch, and my stereo takes up my cargo area, so no heavy cargo...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
If you buy directly from Chassis Tech, you have:

1) The most horribleist customer service on the planet.
2) No gaurantee they'll ship the correct part.
3) No gaurantee they'll send the right one the second time. They won't refund you either.

I bought McGaughy's shakles for like $40-$45 from a local auto store. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and buy from a reputible company. Not to mention, I like seeing the part before I buy it... rather than order from some shady company online.

All just IMO though...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
If you buy directly from Chassis Tech, you have:

1) The most horribleist customer service on the planet.
2) No gaurantee they'll ship the correct part.
3) No gaurantee they'll send the right one the second time. They won't refund you either.

I bought McGaughy's shakles for like $40-$45 from a local auto store. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and buy from a reputible company. Not to mention, I like seeing the part before I buy it... rather than order from some shady company online.

All just IMO though...
yeah, go the route klemm did. I bought a used set of DJMs or whatever for like 30$ shipped a couple years back for the blazer. They had a few miles on them but looked brand new and all. Id rather buy some decent ones at 40-50$ new, or a used set from a member on here (they pop up all the time) for 25-30$.

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, like i said, first google result. my question is mainly on the shackle its self... i know a lot of 1500 drop pieces wont work on 2500 or 3500 trucks, is there any reason why the shackle would be one of them?

my stereo will finally be COMPLETELY done by the end of next week, its time to start getting motivated about my next project.. lowering a 2500 suburban...

2/4, lower if i can... the front is a "1500 truck" but in the rear the axle is larger then normal making rear 1500 kits not fit...

thanks for the insite on chassis tech though :shake:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
yeah, like i said, first google result. my question is mainly on the shackle its self... i know a lot of 1500 drop pieces wont work on 2500 or 3500 trucks, is there any reason why the shackle would be one of them?

my stereo will finally be COMPLETELY done by the end of next week, its time to start getting motivated about my next project.. lowering a 2500 suburban...

2/4, lower if i can... the front is a "1500 truck" but in the rear the axle is larger then normal making rear 1500 kits not fit...

thanks for the insite on chassis tech though :shake:
I think GM used the EXACT same shackle for all their trucks, 1500-3500hd. not 100% sure on it, but i know that they were ALL 2.5" springs, so as long as your shackle is for a 2.5" spring, itll work jsut dandy. The set i picked up was advertised for like NBS dodge or some shit. worked just fine for me, being a 2.5" spring.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
are the 1/2 ton ones the sam as the 2500's? i bont think i need mine anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts