GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sloght lean problem with my truck (its 2006 gmc sierra single with a 3/6) i alright have the front driver side situation planned out already. All thats left is the rear driver side it hangs abiut an inch lower than the passanger side. I have a 6" flipkit does anyone know if its oky to add shakles with 6" flipkit? I want to add for 1" drop on the lower side and 2" on the passanger side but dont know if itll work

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you sure the problem is in the back? A truck can not be lower on one side in the back and the front is straight. If so, it is bent.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Are you sure the problem is in the back? A truck can not be lower on one side in the back and the front is straight. If so, it is bent.
It’s a NBS Chevy thing. Gas tank, battery, all wiring, plus driver is on the on driver side. They always tend to be .5” to 1.5” lower.

Having a stock and 1” drop on the pass, or 1” and 2” is pretty common.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It’s a NBS Chevy thing. Gas tank, battery, all wiring, plus driver is on the on driver side. They always tend to be .5” to 1.5” lower.

Having a stock and 1” drop on the pass, or 1” and 2” is pretty common.
Many cars/trucks are heavier on the driver's side. The stiffer or higher the spring rate, the less this would be a problem.
So If it is sagged out more than an 1", I'd say the springs are too soft anyways.

I would not change anything suspension geometry related. Either leave it alone or rearch or dearch one leaf spring a tiny bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts