GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna lower my truck just enouph to make it look fast and handle better. I dont wanna slam it and put on some monster rims. I also want to keep a nice factory ride and dont want a really hard installation. Belltech sells a 2'' lowering shackle kit. Do these work good? I figured i could cut the front springs or maybe buy the lowering springs. Anyone have any experience?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
If you want to level the ride out than a 2" shackle drop will do it. DJM or BellTech are fine to do this with. If you want your truck to handle cutting springs is really the worst way to do it. Buy the lowering springs. If you want handling I'd really look into eibach springs. DJM springs are nice too....BellTech has some too but they are pretty stiff.

Do you still want a rake or do you want it level?

Cameron

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
For a nice level ride, with minor improvements in handling and ride comfort, 2" lowering shackles are the way to go. They are cheap and easy to install, but keep in mind that this is only a two inch drop in the rear only. I know you said you weren't looking to slam it, and even if you decide to go lower later, this is a great place to start.

Here is an idea of what they will do to your stance:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah if you install shackles that will give you 2 inches of drop in the rear. It will be pretty much level like HumanZoom said. But if you install some drop coils for the front that will bring the front down some more and it won't be level anymore.

·
Registered
785 Posts
2 inch drop shackles are very easy to install, they are what most everyone starts with on the drop of the truck

·
Registered
785 Posts
I saw a 99-02 model truck the other day it had a 3/4 on it, looked pretty good not to low and not to tall

·
Registered
658 Posts
hey if you want your truck to handle...do what i did...get a 2/4 beltech lowering kit...and helwig front and rear sway bars...rides a little rougher than stock but handles fruckin awesome...there is not much body roll at all :head: :head:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts