GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ordered some tarminator and SEM paint to touch up some spots. Need to find a door sill for the drive door since it has a crack in it. Not very big or bad but I am sure they are cheap and available.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Took my truck out to the lake this Sunday and it made me realize I need to do the 6 high mod bad as well as get my Denali head lights and some good low beams.
Need to change the oil today after work as it is majorly overdue.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
And truck success has been short lived.

P2563
P2610
P2510

Before anyone asks no I don't think the dealer knew about the P2563. I have put 400 miles on this truck before it showed up and now it shows up every other time I drive just about. I think the fact the turbo has been sitting for 2 years it has gotten a little stuck. Depression. The other two I just figured the battery might have died or something but I cannot clear them at all, pretty sure I will need to replace the ECM.

Fortunately I can still drive with the codes so it is not a big deal, just is slightly low on power to where I can barely even tell. Just gotta look at the light staring me in the face lol

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Most likely yes. You are able to clean the turbo and put it back in which is what I may end up doing, although that is a bandaid fix it should last 20-30 thousand miles.
I am trying to decide between a tech 2 clone and an Autel MK808 for a scan tool to test the vane positions before ripping into the engine.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
That sucks man. Hope it's an easy fix for you. Why was the truck sitting for 2 years?

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So based on what I found out I believe the seller sold it right before Covid and it switched between 2 or 3 dealerships during that time through auction or what have you. I am guessing that because of restrictions and prices people just didn't want to buy it. That's my theory anyways. Also the previous owner put like 8k on it in 3 years before that I think.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I almost bought a rclb lbz a few months ago that had a turbo issue. My plan at the time was put my lly turbo on the lbz and get Danville drop in unit for the lly.

I have a foxwell scanner that has all the advanced functionality like testing vane position

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Interestingly enough the CEL has gone away and my MPG has shot up. Feels like power might be up too.
I had read something on doing an oil change and since this truck didn't get its oil changed for like 3 years my fingers are crossed that my oil change fixed it lol I won't get my hopes up. Today is my last day driving it for a week as I'm out of town for work anyway.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Just from last nights experience... if you do remove the turbo to clean it or anything. Get a new gasket for the turbo return line, or get the upgraded return line.

I was fixing the Y-bridge on mine and when I re-installed the turbo (which my stupid ass didn't realize I would have to remove to get to the Y-bridge) The oil return leaked, a lot... I got lucky and was able to tighten it down a little more using a couple extensions a swivel socket and an endoscope to see what the hell I was doing. Next time I am getting the upgraded return line...

Reactions: shakenfake

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I plan on getting the whole kit for a turbo removal if I do. I am gonna ride it out and see what happens, just will be prepared in the event something does happen.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Used some of the Tarminator to remove all that tar and it did a great job. Probably will have to use it a couple of more times to get it completely off but it did remove a lot.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts