GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a specific brand I should look for?

What lb of force is good enough for my 05 sierra?

Any pointers would be helpfull.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
like he said stay awy from autoloc it takes nothing to lock them cheap ass solenoids up. prolly do fbi, they have a boot around them to prevent moisture from getting in and freezing up

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks. i was looking at autoloc, but not anymore.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone reccomend a good site/company to order from?

I've looked at both FBI and SPAL. One is cheaper than the other, but both have 40lb solenoids, hardware, wires, and remotes.

Is there any specific feature I should be looking for in a kit?

·
Full-time FSC'er
186 Posts
I ordered my SPAL kit from http://www.jaycorptech.com/

They had a pretty damn good price, kit got here early and it was hella easy to install considering I've never done it before. The SPAL solenoids have that weatherproof seal around most of the solenoid and they've worked well for me so far.

Plus they were very helpful when I needed to order new batteries for the remotes. I'd dfeinitely order from'em again.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like FBI and SPAL kits are the same. The kit is cheaper from FBI

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
I WOULD LOOK AT FBI or call MIC

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what about a tailgate handle relocater kit?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
hey man i ordered my 50lb kit from chassistech and man i am really happy about all the products. so check them out k
good luck with them, i dont recommend anyone to use there products, just search for shAIM industries or chassis tech bunch of horrid info

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good luck with them, i dont recommend anyone to use there products, just search for shAIM industries or chassis tech bunch of horrid info
Horrid info like customer service or bad, unreliable products?

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would suggest AVS. they make a kit that is all bolt on for our trucks. I bought a kit from them and its awesome.
I looked at AVS and they are a little expensive...doesn't look like that kit comes with remotes, filler plates or anything. What did yours come with and where did you get it?

·
OG GMFS Member
2,963 Posts
I looked at AVS and they are a little expensive...doesn't look like that kit comes with remotes, filler plates or anything. What did yours come with and where did you get it?
That kit is worth every penny. My brother had that kit on his last truck and it did come with remotes, but no filler plates. You can get the fillers for like $10 pretty much anywhere. Do not get an FBI tailgate handle relocator, Bryan's didnt fit because the handle part was cut upside down, so he had 1 fucked up looking setup in back. Go with AVS and maybe a Sir Michael's tailgate handle relocator!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts