GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have never had anything that has had shaved door handles but i just purchased a Tahoe that has shaved handles. The doors are not yet back on the Tahoe but i was curious about something. If the battery is dead then the door poppers will not work?????? How the crap do you get inside it or pop the hood?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I would assume there would also be a manual way to open the door. Like a door popper somewhere underneath the vehicle

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah been reading and have found a cable that looks like a choke cable for a carbed motor that pulls the lock. They are mounting these inside the fender wells kinda hidden. Then only thing i dont like about the shaved doors is not locking the doors.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Yeah been reading and have found a cable that looks like a choke cable for a carbed motor that pulls the lock. They are mounting these inside the fender wells kinda hidden. Then only thing i dont like about the shaved doors is not locking the doors.
The doors don't need to lock, because they can't be opened without unlatching.

Put battery leads that are accessible without popping the hood or a manual latch of some sort.
That only helps if you also haven't had an actuator failure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is the tailgate shaved as well?

·
Come at me bro
204 Posts
Ok i have never had anything that has had shaved door handles but i just purchased a Tahoe that has shaved handles. The doors are not yet back on the Tahoe but i was curious about something. If the battery is dead then the door poppers will not work?????? How the crap do you get inside it or pop the hood?
On my old Gmc i was able to go thru the grille to pull the wire for the hood latch to get it to open. Maybe try that. If not run leads for your battery somewhere like stated earlier by [MENTION=36152]yates[/MENTION]

·
Registered
242 Posts
On my friends shaved s10 he put the popper switch in a convenient location thankful, so the one time when his fuse popped I was able to ground my truck to his then simply touch a positive wire to his switch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts