GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well may 31st i was rearended, I was traveling north on I-35 and there was a wreck 6 cars infront of me. Everyone started hitting brakes except the guy behind me. Good thing his insurance is covering the damage
wreck1.jpg

and so ive been buying parts for the last couple of weeks.
tailgate off craigslist came of a bagged 03 got it for 150 guy was skinning his
wreck3.jpg

wreck2.jpg

upgrading the front end and mirrors
wreck4.jpg

last week the body work finally started
wreck5.jpg

wreck6.jpg

wreck7.jpg

wreck8.jpg

there use to be a dent here from the bed moving and hitting the cab during the accident
wreck9.jpg

wreck10.jpg

wreck11.jpg

wreck12.jpg

wreck13.jpg

wreck14.jpg

wreck15.jpg

wreck16.jpg

The truck should be in the paint booth today or monday should have it back by next friday if not sooner, the shop is small and kinda crappy but they do amazing work for a great price

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
thats going to look sweet.
Going to paint it white or are you changing that up?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yhea same wheels will also be colormatched but im not sure what part of the wheels to paint. maybe someone can chop the wheels for me
0322091630-03.jpg

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
man i just looked at a set today, that were painted the whole spoke, but i forgot where. lemme dig a sec

·
2,325 Posts
Well it sucks you got rearended but it seems that it was for the better. Truck looks great man. And damn I want a Dmax hood for my GMC!

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
do the whole spoke! they look awesome like that.......sometimes I wish I wouldve bought the white 03 I was looking @ instead of my red 02

make sure you clear your headlights while they are out of the truck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do the whole spoke! they look awesome like that.......sometimes I wish I wouldve bought the white 03 I was looking @ instead of my red 02

make sure you clear your headlights while they are out of the truck
im gonna buy all new headlights and park lights probably some cleared ones my stockers are crap right now, as for the wheels im gonna paint them like in the picture above for sure.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
i think i white truck is the only color that can pull of a color matched wheel. sittinphat is sick looking and those look good too. i think if your gonna paint the truck different than white...then dont paint center

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update:
wreck17.jpg

wreck18.jpg

wreck19.jpg

wreck20.jpg

wreck21.jpg

wreck22.jpg

wreck23.jpg

wreck24.jpg

wreck25.jpg

wreck26.jpg

I should have the truck by thursday the guy said they just need to buff it out and put it all back together.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts